Monday 19 September 2011

I sent my kid to school and I got a monster back



Is it just me, or does going back to school bring about a certain rebelliousness? Because my hitherto angelic (ok, not all the time) almost-4 year old daughter has transformed into a stomping, tongue-pulling, brother-hitting, attitudinal (that's not a word but it should be) little girl. And doing stuff like this

'No, I'm not doing it. Neh'

Turning round on way to naughty step (for trying to stab her brother with a plastic knife) and sticking her tongue out at me

Hitting me, in the sports centre, because I wouldn't buy her a drink from the snack machine

Now I realise that kids like to push buttons, but this is the first time she had showed so much damned attitude.

Terrifyingly, I think I may have glimpsed a certain teenage future.

It's not just me, is it? Or is she just, you know, FOUR now?

No comments:

Post a Comment