Monday 27 September 2010

Peas

We're eating tea together, Little Miss, The Duke and I. We're having peas and rice.

"Here you go Mummy," says Little Miss, carefully placing a pea on my plate.
"Oh, thank you!" I say.
Then she puts another one on my plate. And another.
"Hang on a minute," I say. "I thought you liked peas?"
"I do." she says.
"So why are you giving them to me?" I ask
"Because I love you," she states.
I'm shocked into silence (declarations of love are few and far between with Little Miss)
"I love you Mummy, so you can have aaaaallllll my peas..."

And that's just about the best thing I've EVER heard.

3 comments:

  1. The cynical me would think it was an excuse to get out of eating the peas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yes, I would have come to that conclusion except I promise you, she actually does love peas! Of course, unless it was one of those, "Today, I'm NOT going to like ANYTHING I've liked before" days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh, I'd give you all my peas too flower!!!!! B xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete